2017 NEMHA & UPHA CH14 Winter Getaway Information
New England Morgan Horse Association and UPHA Chapter 14 Present!
These organizations will WOW you with some of the industry’s best clinicians, a delicious lunch, a chance to ride some of the World’s Finest Show horses, and an awards banquet to remember! All of this for just $75, two meals included.
- Taylor River Farm-
- HOST FARM- 6 Swain Drive, Hampton Falls, NH 03844
- Farm #603-926-7662 and Sarah Gove 603-828-5064
- www.taylorriverfarm.com for directions
- Portsmouth Harborside Sheraton
- HOST HOTEL- 250 Market St, Portsmouth, NH 03801
- Hotel Main Phone- 603-431-2300
- *Please reserve rooms before January 13, 2017, room block rate $129
- Alternate Hotel Accomodations- (within walking distance)
- Hilton Garden Inn Downtown- 603-431-1499
- Residence Inn Downtown- 603-422-9200
- Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown 603-430-3033
NEW & IMPROVED:
You can register for the Clinics & Banquet online!!
REGISTER ON LINE HERE!
Download a mail-in Registration Form
2017 NEMHA & UPHA Registration Downloadable Form
NEMHA and UPHA 14 Winter Getaway and Awards Banquet
9:30 NEMHA/ UPHA 14 Welcomes YOU to a day and night of education, participation, and celebration topped off with a walk down memory lane! Be sure to bring your jods and boots there are multiple opportunities to GET IN THE SADDLE!
10:00 JUDGING DISCUSSION Smith Lilly, Gary Garone, & Luman Wadhams discuss today’s hot judging topics and share ideas for you to make the best impression!
10:35 RINGMANSHIP CLINIC Smith Lilly, Kristen Cater, Devon Garone - 5 Outside riders will mount up and receive instruction on how best to work the show ring.
11:15 BIT WITH THE BEST Join Smith Lilly, David Rand, David Cater for how they like to bit their string for ultimate success from the bull pen to the show ring. See their collection of bits and learn how they use them.
11:50 BREEDING FOR SUCCESS Richard Boule, Carolyn Sebring, and George Liberty discuss the how’s and whys of raising foals and helping increase the odds of success. The popular Pondview Tre Bien will make a special appearance.
12:20 EVERYONE LOVES PANERA- LUNCH!
12:30 QUESTION AND ANSWERS Take a few casual moments to ask our panel of amazing and friendly professionals anything about what you saw this morning or a totally different topic.
1:00 PONY PRESENTATION Rodney Hicks, Smith Lilly, & George Liberty show of the small in stature but large in heart and talent, Hackey pony. Learn how it’s done, both in harness and under saddle.
1:35 LIVE AUCTION TO RIDE OR DRIVE THE INDUSTRIES BEST! Bring your jods and boots everyone this is going to be exciting! We will be live auctioning a chance to ride or drive World Champion Saddlebreds, Morgans, and Hackney Ponies! They will be warming up as you bid, and you will put your foot in to stirrup right then and there for your RIDE/DRIVE!
***ANY PROFITS FROM THIS EVENT WILL BENEFIT THE UPHA LEGAL DEFENSE FUND ***
- SLB ANDIAMO- Multi World Champion Morgan English Pleasure Horse- RIDE
- CH GRACEFUL SURPRISE-WCC Saddlebred Show Pleasure Driving/ Park Pleasure National Champion- RIDE!
- REGAL’S MONARCH LF- WC Jr. Roadster Pony- DRIVE FAST!
- CEDAR CREEK FLAMBEAU-Multi World Champion Morgan Park Saddle Horse- RIDE!
- BRI B CRSTALPIECE- World Champion Open and Amateur Morgan Hunter Pleasure- RIDE!
- ATTACHE’S CHOCOLATE THUNDER- Country Pleasure Driving National Champion- DRIVE!
- CBMF STREET LEGAL- Multi World Champion Morgan Classic Pleasure, attention Kiddos he does walk trot too!
2:45 ITS ALL ABOUT THE HAIR (and TAIL!)- This has been a huge topic across all the industries. Our show horses are notorious for their gorgeous tails. Smith Lilly and Rob Turner will give us some insight on how to keep them in top order from start to finish.
3:30 FINISH at the farm- Other events to take place at Portsmouth Harborside Sheraton Hotel-
5:30 NEMHA Annual Meeting- Located at the Hotel on the Mezzanine, All NEMHA members are welcome!
6:00- Cocktail Hour
7:00-11:00 Dinner, Awards, and A Walk Down Memory Lane with
Peggy Alderman, Ann Anderson, Ricky Harris, Rodney Hicks and Cheryl Innis
Salad- Baby Spinach with mushrooms, onions, tomato, sunflower seeds with a Provencal vinaigrette
Vine Ripened Tomato with fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinaigrette
Main Dish- Boneless Short Ribs of Beef with a merlot fine herb au jus
Apple, Cranberry, and Sage Stuffed Chicken with a Grand Marnier Sauce
Dessert- Assorted Cakes, tortes, and pastries
Sunday 9:30AM - UPHA Breakfast Meeting
UPHA Membership Meeting at the Portsmouth Sheraton Hotel
Sarah Gove- 603-828-5064 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Funkhouser 508-846-1280 email@example.com
Judy Candage- 978-265-8209 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristen Cater 603-566-2264 email@example.com
John Lampropolous 603-770-1884 firstname.lastname@example.org